Duty Manager Operations
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the operation on a shift ensuring that communication between departments is effective and that problems are prioritised and solved ensuring that the units on time performance is not affected. In the role you will take the lead in section manager or team leader meetings to facilitate the solutions for problems and ensure that customer issues are raised with the commercial and operational teams in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for reporting to senior management on the performance of the unit and to identify opportunities to improve our process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all departments receive the specific information during a shift
- To facilitate the section managers meetings ensuring that issues arising are managed, followed up and communicated to the appropriate people
- To ensure that all incidents arising during the shift are dealt with effectively
- Follow up on any accidents, including airside accidents, that happen during shift and ensure that they are investigated correctly and in line with company procedures
- In the event of airside accidents liaise with all relevant parties (internal and external) to ensure that all relevant stakeholders are informed, for example GAL, VAA Engineering, Police and our customer representatives.
- Monitor QA compliance in the unit while on shift and ensure problems are managed when they occur
- Conduct security audits around he unit and using the corporate Mobile data Platform (MDC)
- To personally check any focus flights in ample time to rectify any problems
- Spot check flights for completion against specification and ensure problems are rectified
- Monitor and control activities against budget, ensure maximum efficiencies are achieved to improve on budgetary targets
- To create and implement a people plan, identifying personnel requirements and the training and development required to maximise performance.
- Assess and recruit candidates in line with departmental and organisational requirements
- Delegate and allocate work and evaluate performance against set objectives
- Create a harmonious team working environment by promoting teamwork, motivating staff and identify and resolving issues and conflicts.
- Carry out disciplinary, grievance or counselling procedures when necessary
- To support the section managers and team leaders in effective decision making
- Communicate and ensure all team members understanding operational performance, issues and KPI’s (OPRS / gateOPEX, Quality Guarantee / Health and Safety / Food Safety / Security)
- Hold effective team meetings and discussions.
- Record and store relevant/applicable information in line with Data Protection Act
- Provide feedback on work progress, successes and problems (with solutions) to relevant parties
- Refer to reference guides/articles/procedures/manuals and support departments when making decisions.
- To communicate directly with customers where required
- Utilise Gate Gourmet performance analysis tools (e.g. OPRS, Scala) to continuously set and review targets for daily financial and operational management.
- In conjunction with the management team, assist in creation of strategies and business plans for the short/medium and long term (e.g. forecasts, budgets, continuous improvement plan)
- Undertake special ad hoc projects as required/necessary
- Educated to a minimum of A levels, BTEC National or Equivalent.
- Recognized professional qualification, e.g. DMS, BTEC (preferable).
- Experience in a similar front line role within a fast-paced and highly pressurised environment preferably within a manufacturing, airline catering or production process.
- Previous experience in managing staff / large teams
- Understanding of budgets and KPI’s
- Understanding of health and safety, food hygiene, security regulations (DTLR)
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must demonstrate integrity, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Ability to work efficiently using own initiative to resolve issues
- Ability to build relations and manage diverse teams
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English,
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales, prioritising as appropriate
- Proactive and positive/flexible attitude
- Shift pattern: 4/4 (days)
- hours of work: 06:30 to 18:00