HGV Driver Class 2 (Days)
United Kingdom, Luton Gate Gourmet, AssemblyApply online
Posted on May 9, 2021
We are currently looking for Driver / Loaders to join our team at Luton on a permanent contract.
The primary function of this role is to undertake the delivery, offloading and loading of catering uplifts to various aircraft at Luton airport and when necessary handover the flights to the airline crew. This role is customer facing and requires good communication skills and a professional image. It involves food and equipment handling in a secure environment where compliance with procedures is mandatory. The flexibility to work shifts covering early morning, late shift and nights is required..
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving HGV 15 – 18 ton company liveried vehicles in a secure & controlled environment
- Carrying out legal checks of vehicles prior to use
- Loading and unloading catering uplifts to aircraft
- Liaison with customer flight crew and working in collaboration with other ground handling suppliers
- Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the vehicle
- Adhering to all Road Traffic Acts and additional Airport By- laws
- Additional duties such as Bar and stores packing or search and sealing will be a daily requirement
- Plus any additional warehouse duties
- Educated to High School level.
- HGV experience desirable.
- Airport Airside Driving an advantage
Skills & Knowledge
- Road Traffic Act
- Driving LGV 15-18 tonne vehicles, vans and cars.
- Digital Tachograph knowledge and possession of a digital tachograph card.
- Clean CAT C Driving Licence. However up to 3 points will be considered.
- Driver CPC qualification essential.
Salary/ Shift Pattern
- Shift pattern : 5 on 3 off
- Shift times : 0700 to 1600 / 1000 to 1900