IT Desktop Support Analyst
Working with the IT Infrastructure Manager, the IT Desktop Support Analyst will be accountable for providing 1st Line and 2nd Line IT technical support to the business and support IT projects as required. IN this role, you will be responsible to resolve all IT Infrastructure Support issues & Service Requests reported to the gategroup IT Helpdesk as well as manage all Support issues and Service Requests, which need to be escalated to internal or external 3rd Party support providers.
We are looking for a diligent, driven, passionate individual who is keen to make an immediate impact within a busy operational environment. The role may require you to be able to travel within the UK&I as and when required for specific IT Support tasks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing high quality 1st & 2nd line IT Support Service to the business.
- Works effectively with wider IT Team, to continuously develop and improve the IT Service delivered to the Business
- Responsible to resolve all IT Infrastructure Support issues & Service Requests reported to the GateGroup IT Helpdesk.
- Manage to resolution, all Support issues and Service Requests, which need to be escalated to internal or external 3rd Party support providers.
- Perform IT Infrastructure support processes – e.g. Daily Backups, Network & Server Systems monitoring, and Active Directory maintenance.
- Maintain, and/ or create, as required all Operational IT Documentation used to support the delivery of the IT Service
- Responsible for maintaining a secure, reliable and robust IT environment, through the use\implementation of IT Service Management Best practices.
- Responsible for managing and deploying software to end users.
- Responsible for managing and deploying hardware solutions to the end user.
- Educated to a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent IT related discipline;
- CCNA / Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification is desirable;
- ITIL v3 Foundation qualification or experience working in an ITIL influenced environment desirable
- Work related experience in a similar role within a fast paced environment providing service to a large user base.
- Experience of in-flight operations is desirable but not essential.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10– deployment and support
- Strong knowledge of Office 365
- Intermediate PC, laptop & printer hardware support and troubleshooting knowledge
- Samsung & iPhone Mobile phone support experience
- Application installation and deployment
- Active Directory/Exchange User Account Administration experience.
- Basic server knowledge (build and support) Windows 2008 and Windows 2012
- Backup Exec or other backup tools experience
- Basic networking knowledge – understanding of TCP\IP, DHCP, DNS, switching & routing principles
- Exposure to VMware
- Ability to work efficiently using own initiative to resolve issues
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales, prioritising as appropriate
- Proactive and flexible attitude