Lead AX Developer
As the Senior Integrations Developer you will be responsible for design, development and maintaining the Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) / B2B development and Integration team driving projects.
The Lead AX Developer acts as a technical expert in the design, programming, testing and debugging of applications within a multi-tiered system, under minimal direction. The role includes understanding requirements and providing the technical support necessary to create an end result that is scalable and maintainable. The individual works closely with the Solution Architect and DevOps resources to understand and deliver a technical solution. Prior experience supporting multiple projects and teams in a global program environment is desired. This role will require broad development expertise and exceptionally deep experience with Microsoft .NET technologies. Especially important are skills and experience related to ERP, particularly in the areas of Logistics, Retail and Finance, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops Dot Net software components in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment
- Leads on discrete development projects and should take complete ownership of technical solution
- Develops accurate level of effort estimates, and manages task schedules
- Builds overall system architecture of information system, encompassing external and internal interface analysis and definition, as well as functional requirement allocations.
- Works with system users to identify problems with focus on performance tuning and patches
- Understands customer requirements with respect to the success of the business goal and is able to translate them into a technical implementation
- Suggests innovative solutions to business problems/ processes that leverage technology to provide performance improvements and better user experiences
- Provides direction and mentoring to junior developers
- Interacts well with other technical team leaders such as architects, testing, analysts, and release managers as a lead member of the development team to accomplish the business goal.
- Attend and participate in meetings that pertain to assigned responsibilities
- Comply with all corporate and departmental policies/procedures and applicable governmental regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, which may include cross-utilization within the department or with other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience on Microsoft Dynamics AX 7 and Dynamics AX 2012
- Substantial experience of X++ and C# programming
- Substantial relevant IT experience.
- Experience of wor in a global and multicultural environment.
Other Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- X++, C# and .NET, SSRS
- AX modules and customisations
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2016
- Query performance tuning, dynamic management views and table partitioning skills
- Experience with VSTS or TFS
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a huge plus
- Experience working with Agile/SCRUM software development methodology
- Strong understanding of Dot Net programming best practices
- Ability to build reports using reporting technologies like SSRS
- Reporting with Power BI
- Working knowledge of SSIS
- Possess extensive object-oriented design and development experience
- Experience working with large volumes of data.
- Demonstrable experience of working on large enterprise projects performing AX configuration and development
- Experience working on multi-tenant applications.
- Experience working on quartz.net or background job scheduling.
- Shares responsibility for out-of-hours applications support