Process Manager Culinary (m/w)
In this key role, you will report into the General Manager Zurich and you are part of the Zurich Unit Management Team. Furthermore, you will be leading the Culinary department of about 150 employees including the responsibility of budget targets, operational and compliance accountability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the execution of defined culinary operational objectives and standards
- Managing and overall responsibility the for the culinary team including recruitment, training and development and performance management
- Responsible for the culinary budget, maintaining labor requirements, food costs, overtime and productivity requirements including menu and food preparation reporting.
- Ensures quality production standards are followed and maintained
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing gategroup standards and procedures
- Ensures adherence to HACCP and regional food-safety regulations in compliance with gategroup policies and procedures.
- As an active member of the internal “SPICE program” participate in meetings and workshop to be informed about the latest trends and techniques in culinary
- Works closely with Menu Development and Commercial to ensure that menu specifications and implementation of production techniques are adhered to as agreed with the customer.
- Ensures culinary representation at menu degustation’s.
- About 5 years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced unionized environment in a similar role
- Qualification as a Chef by trade
- Associate Degree or bachelor’s degree in the Culinary Arts or a related field, (formal culinary education) required or at least 4 years of experience in an Executive Chef role
- Relevant knowledge about the food industry preferred, with a preference for (airline) catering
- Proven track record of strong leadership skills with minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations management (experience in leading leaders)
- Good Experience in Lean-Management Methods
- Entrepreneurial personality with strong communication skills, the ability to build strong relationships with different kind of peoples and with high integrity
- Strong communication skills in German and English written and oral
- Very good MS Office and general computer skills
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are looking for a strong and authentic leader with a high passion for our business and the ability to make things happen in combination with very good analytical skills.
If you want to join in a fast-paced environment in a multi-cultural environment we are looking forward to your application. Please apply directly per email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With handing in your application, you agree that your personal data can be used internally within Gate Group during the application process.