Shift Supervisor (Indoor Operations)
The role of the Shift Supervisor is to support the Operations Manager in managing the daily indoor operation, taking ownership and accountability for meeting operational objectives and targets. The role requires you to be able to work with minimal supervision, exhibiting the ability to deal with issues proactively and being able to manage a diverse team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the team’s output and facilitate required information to ensure delivery of business, section and customer targets.
- Supervise the daily activities of General Assistants (GA’s) in Bond, Warehouse, EP and Production areas
- Liaise effectively with the Transport Operations Shift Supervisor and ensure units targets are met
- Carry out performance monitoring of team members on a daily basis and escalate concerns to Operations Manager.
- Attend/conduct operational briefings when required.
- Create a positive working environment.
- Maintain legal/compliance across health and safety, food safety, Department for Transport (DfT), security.
- Contribute and manage within defined systems of working to ensure quality of product, service to the customer and team progression/development.
- Follow company, process and procedures.
- Instigate and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to cover a 7-day operation.
- To provide regular feedback to Operations Manager in relation to productivity status
- To maintain required standards of the team, communication and morale in a positive manner
- Carry out all reasonable requests
- Ensure all paperwork is completed as required cover office admin duties if needed.
- To assist with internal business projects under the direction of the Operations Manager
- Educated to High School level.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Food hygiene, security, H&S experience/qualification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant operational experience.
- Demonstrable experience of taking accountability.
Skills & Knowledge
- Intermediate IT skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team management and Problem solving skills
- Proven leadership ability.
Salary/ Shift Pattern :
- Shift pattern : 4 days On 2 days Off
- Shift timings : 0700 hrs to 1530 hrs