Team Leader – Wash and Pack (Dishwash)
As the Team Leader – Wash & Pack you will support the Section Manager in managing the daily operation, taking ownership and accountability for meeting operational objectives and targets while acting as a role model for gategroup company values.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the team’s output to ensure delivery of business, section and customer targets.
- Carry out performance monitoring of team members on a daily basis and escalate concerns to Section Manager.
- Attend/conduct daily operational meetings/briefings. Present accurate information and data as requested.
- Resolve conflict/provide solutions by exercising high levels of influencing, negotiation and communication skills.
- Create a positive working environment.
- Maintain legal/compliance across health and safety, food safety, Department for Transport (DfT), security, gateOPEX (in-house operational excellence programme).
- Contribute and manage within defined systems of working to ensure quality of product, service to the customer and team progression/development.
- Follow company, process and section procedures.
- Instigate and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Deputise for Section Manager when required.
- Rotate through different departments/units as reasonably required.
- Ability to cover a 7-day operation.
- Educated to a degree level (preferred)
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment leading a team.
- Previous Equipment Processing experience ideally within food manufacturing sector.
- Food hygiene, security, H&S experience/qualification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant operational experience.
- Demonstrable experience of taking accountability and leading teams.
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Team management skills
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel desirable
- Proactive and flexible attitude
- Sound analytical & Problem-Solving Skills