Our corporate commitment: Sustainable sourcing standards
At gategroup, we are committed to ensuring that our impact on the environment and our community is positive and well managed.
As a global organization, gategroup operates around the world in multiple countries. As such, we are developing sustainable sourcing standards, to be applied through regional commitments, which aim to standardize our approach and manage the way we source our materials and services and minimize our footprint.
gategroup’s sustainable sourcing standards intend to:
• Guide gategroup’s suppliers to improve their sustainability practices where necessary
• Drive gategroup businesses in the implementation of ethical business practices and transparency of the supply chain
• Assist our customers with their Corporate Social Responsibility goals
This approach will be built around a set of core principles which include:
• Transparency throughout the supply chain
• Supplier accountability & supplier support
• Credible verification
• Continuous Improvement
• Customer-specific sustainability requirements
The standards will also encompass a set of general requirements that apply across our supply chains, including:
• Legal compliance
• Labor practices
• Minimizing our impact on the environment
• Animal welfare, including access to the “5 Freedoms” and humane methods of slaughter
• Healthy eating
The development of regional commitments will help us to be clear and transparent as to our current performance against these measures as well as developing a clear action plan of continual improvement.